Retail customer contacts preferred dealer/repair facility or NPS direct. Hopefully going back to their selling dealer, keeping relationships strong.
- In the situation that customer contacts NPS claims department first, NPS will walk customer through concerns, resolving user error situations over the phone, getting them back on the road!
- In the situation when retail customer contacts dealer/repair facility first, dealer and/or a manufacturer representative will verify customer concern is NPS generator related and refers customer to NPS or reaches out to NPS direct.
If customer has reached out to NPS direct and physical repair is needed, customer will be asked zip code they are needing repair and asked if there is a preferred/selling dealer near them they would like to use. NPS will, if desired by customer, contact dealer, vet willingness, capability and timeline for repairs and set appointment for customer ensuring the highest level of customer service.
Guidelines for referral:
1. Selling Dealer
A. Certified Dealers
2. Trailer/RV Manufacturer
3. Standard Trailer/RV Dealer
4. Yamaha Small Engine Licensed/Bonded Insured
5. *Emergency* Small Engine Repair Shop - Vetting Capability Licensed/Bonded
*Please note NPS offers retail walk in warranty labor rates, and overnight parts, ensuring repair facilities will be willing and happy to complete needed repairs for the end user in the quickest timeframe possible.
Retail customer brings unit in for repairs on scheduled date. Dealer/repair facility contacts NPS. If warranty compensation is desired, open a claim and receive a claim number before diagnosing or completing any repairs.
- Dealer/repair facility will need NPS gen-set serial number, RV, and customer information to open a claim.
Dealer/repair facility will diagnose the concern, working directly with our NPS team on repairs.
- In the situation when parts are needed, NPS will overnight ship required parts to the dealer/repair facility.
Once the repairs are completed and the unit is operating correctly, payment will be issued via check or credit card over the phone. This ensures there are no delays getting the customer back on the road.
A follow up phone call will be completed by NPS to the retail customer verifying they are 100% satisfied.